November 2, 2015

N is for...

November! New transfer! New zone! New companion! New Area!

That's right people, a new transfer has begun! I guess the week has been pretty stressful for President, in the past we have found out about our transfers Saturday night or Sunday morning but we didn't find out until around 8 last night. Sister Maukeni is training up in the Lodi zone, I'm getting transferred to the Manteca zone with Sister Neeley! I'll send a picture of her with the email of us and our matching CTR rings haha. She's been out for 2 transfers now but I'm so excited to work with her. She's an awesome misisonary. 

But we had a good week in the YSA. It's probably selfish to say but I feel like this transfer my companion and I were there for our sisters and the YSA and the members were for me. Once I got over being an awkward sister missionary it was fun to get to know the members better and serve with them. The assistants will be in the YSA now so I'm sure the branch will be just fine. 

We had a zone meeting this week and took a few pictures, hope that you enjoy. For Halloween we were asked to keep it spiritually uplifting. Most missionaries stayed in working on their area books or studying; our district decided to get together at the church for a "district church evening" we all brought treats, sang some hymns then went around sharing and discussing favorite stories or chapters in the scriptures. It turned into a discussion about how we all received the answer and made the decision to come out on our missions. We get to hear from our sisters but it was a cool experience to hear from the elders and how they got here. Sharing my own experiences, it was solidifying of how much God loves me, who he knows me by name and has a specific plan just for me and everything that has led up to being here.

It was a special opportunity to start the month of November by fasting and to recommit myself to this work and being focused on the present. It's easy to start getting casual and let little thing slip as you get closer to getting home, but I need to remember that I still have time left to learn and grow, to make a difference and to help others come closer to Christ. I feel strongly that my companion and I will get to baptize this transfer and I'm excited for who the Lord has prepared for us as we strive to do all that we can to be worthy of these people.

Sorry that this one is short, but I hope that everyone has a great week! Looking forward to a great week and sharing more with you next time. 

I love you all!

Sister Allen 

No comments:

Post a Comment