July 13, 2014




Well, I did it! 2000 hours under my belt. All of the haircuts, colors, foils, styles, nails, waxes and facials. Holyyyy mama it's been a long two years. But I wouldn't change it for anything and the person that I have become. This will sound so completely gag-worthy but I was talking with my mom on the phone and she says to me, "It's like you're a new person" and she's right. I'm a different person than when I first started. There were some family members that didn't agree with my decision to start beauty school and were concerned that I would turn into a different person, but I felt that this was something I needed to do. And while yes I have changed all of them have been for the better. 



Shout out to one of my best friends that I met at the beginning of school, Cambria. She's a beauty, isn't she? But one of the most loving and caring people I have had the opportunity to meet. Let's be real, if it weren't for her, I'm not sure that I would have made it. We became fast friends and spent most of the time goofing off and cackling together about everything. Seriously, cackling. It was probably really obnoxious, but we clicked and that's all that mattered. She is honest and down to earth and a dang good friend, someone that will always stand by your side. Cambria you are foiinneeeee and you got it like dat. I'm lucky and blessed to call her a friend. 



Then there was Kelle our learning leader. Over the course of my schooling she became a friend, mentor and role model to me. Being in the industry for over 30 years, she knew her stuff when it came to hair but had so much wisdom and knowledge to share about life as well. She showed me Christ-like love. Regardless of a person's beliefs and opinions she loved and accepted them for who they were. She found beauty in every person and everyday. Kelle believed in me and saw my fullest potential even when I couldn't and I'll always be grateful for the woman she has inspired me to be. 

Lastly a big thank you to my incredible family for their love and support. To my darling parents and siblings I couldn't have done this without them. I will never forget the night I first started talking with my mom about going to beauty school. And then the next morning, my dad waking me up because he was so excited for me and supportive of the idea. They pushed me to do something outside of my comfort zone and that sometimes Heavenly Father throws something your way to help you learn and grow in ways you didn't know possible. This has been one of the most challenging yet rewarding experiences so far, and I'm so excited to wait and see what else is in store here in the next few months!


And now with all of this free time I have...it's almost like that giddy Christmas morning feeling! Bring on the library books, zumba classes and cheap theater movies. I'm breaking allllll the rules and no one can stop me!

No comments:

Post a Comment