February 17, 2016

A week without mascara and other happenings in Mountain House

Just as a side note, I haven't eaten anything this morning, so I'll try my best to sound as uplifting as possible and keep the exaggerations to a minimum. Anyway, this week! 

Monday morning, we were running a few minutes behind and our ride was at our apartment to take us to the church so I could use the computer to do my plan (do we remember what that is? Should I explain again?) and I didn't have a chance to put mascara on. I brought it with me but it just never happened...and then I didn't put it on for the rest of the week. I know it sounds weird, and probably stupid to admit but it was kind of thrilling to not put it on for a week. I'm telling myself my lashes are longer because I didn't wear anything on them for several days. HA, I doubt that. 

After emailing and running errands we went on a bike ride in our neighborhood. I love California in the "winter" it was in the 70s all week. I have a few pictures. We've also been encouraged to be wearing our helmets as a mission. The area is so small and there aren't any busy roads (we have 2 intersections that have stoplights) so helmets weren't really a priority until they reinforced that this week. So happy about that...just another reason to avoid those Mormon sister missionaries on their bikes with their skirts AND HELMETS. Losers. But we love Jesus, which is why we do it. 

Monday night we had another lesson with Anthony. That's the only night we can meet with him so it was great talking and discussing with him. He's been reading in the Book of Mormon so we're going back tonight to answer some of his questions about the chapters he's read. 

The youth put on a dance to fund raise so we got to help decorate for that this week. We talked with one of the miamaids, Savannah, who is friends with Cameron, that girl we talked about a few weeks ago. Again, she's only in mountain house a few days a week. She told Savannah that she wants to meet with us sometime soon. So we're keeping her in our prayers.

Sunday we had a regional stake conference which was great. Missed taking the sacrament, but we heard from 2 elders in the 70, Sister Oscarson, and Elder Renlund. Made me excited for general conference in a few months! They had some great messages. 

So, that's about it for this week. Sister Munns and I are happy and well, we love this work, we love the savior and representing him...even when people don't want to look at us...or breathe the same air as us. It's okay because we'll find the ones who do! And appreciate every opportunity we are given to serve, find, teach and share our testimonies! This gospel is too wonderful to keep to ourselves and we know everyone needs it in their lives. Hope everyone has a great week! And hopefully I get to eat a taco or something really, really soon. 

I love you all!

Sister Allen 

No comments:

Post a Comment