December 25, 2014

Week Eleven-- Thursday December 25, 2014

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Hello all! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! It was so much fun to talk with you all and see everyone!!

We've had a great week in Sacramento. Working hard, teaching and talking with everyone we can. My first 12 weeks is just about up, which means new transfer and most likely either a new companion or a new area. I'm excited for what the Lord has in store. It is such a privilege and JOY to be a missionary. Oh the challenges and disappointment it brings,but the peace and happiness as well. It's amazing to witness not only helping others come closer to Jesus Christ but seeing how I am coming closer to Jesus Christ. I just love it. My heart is so full.

There really isn't a lot to report on with the work from this past week, sadly. With the holidays, everyone has a hard time finding new people but we continue as always. Continuing each day with trust and confidence in the Lord, faith in our hearts and a smile on our faces because we have the truth in our lives and WE WILL find those that are ready for this gospel! It's kind of like a scavenger hunt..haha, using all of the clues and resources we have, relying completely on the Lord that we will find those that now sit in darkness.

We are continuing to meet with Kirk and Colleen each week who are progressing beautifully. Kirk recognizes each day the changes he wishes to make in himself to more align himself with the Lord's will and the gospel. As a missionary, we study for two hours each day: one hour of personal study for the needs of your investigators and then a second hour as a companionship. During my personal I have spent a great deal reading and studying about the atonement (I'm sure I'll continue to read and study throughout my life) one talk that I've been LOVING and really highlights the enabling power of the atonement is from Elder Bednar, "Bear up their burdens with ease". If you haven't had a chance to read, please do. He makes excellent points that the atonement is not only for our sins but to help us overcome our shortcomings and weaknesses, that through him we can become so much more than we are already. It's one of my favorites, I've been re-reading it every few weeks because I learn from it each time.


I need to get going because my time is short but know how much I appreciate everyone's extended love and prayers. I feel so blessed and grateful for the family I have, the ward family and all of the other loved ones that are in my life! Have a wonderful christmas and a happy, happy new year!

Keep the faith and keep smiling. All my love,
Sister Allen


We helped our ward's young women with a Christmas party for the primary age children. So fun

Christmas packages from my sister, Emily!

Ugly Christmas sweaters. Thank youuuu Mama!



Christmas morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment